Sunday, June 6, 2010

No Go

Today it's pouring outside; the house is dark and the kids are quiet. Such a nice day to relax and just lay on the sofa watching movies. As I type this, I've put in Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland.' Hopefully it won't be too distracting...which is both a good thing and a bad thing...I've 2 veggie egg rolls w/white duck sauce on a tray beside me as I'm propped nice and comfy in my soft bed.

It has rained everyday since I believe May 31st here in the Sunshine state. I feel as if I'm back in England :) I love the rain but I hate that it just makes the grass grow faster.

My plans for today was to take the kids to the beach in Destin before the oil spill hits us. However, Diva's fever didn't go away as we had hoped it would. Instead, it only got higher. It was a very sleepless night for the both of us. She tossed, turned, moaned and coughed all night long. I did the cold washcloth on her forehead, set the alarms for meds. times and worried about her fever all night long. When she finally got up around 11:30 AM (from falling asleep roughly at 9:30 PM) she still had a fever and told me she felt "bad." Soooo, no beach today. :(

No comments: