Monday, August 31, 2009

The Never Ending Story

That's what comes to mind when I think of having a clean house.

Laundry, dishes, vacuuming, laundry, dishes, vacuuming....over & over & over again. It's never ending. And it gets so mundane doing it everyday of every week of every month all year.

I can spend all day cleaning bathrooms, putting toys in their proper places, washing-drying-folding-hanging-putting away laundry, vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing, wiping and rearranging the house and yet by the time 9 PM rolls around & all is quiet in the house- it's a mess again. Which means come morning & the kids get off to school, it's time to start all over. *SIGH*



I can only do this so many times until I say "I NEED A BREAK" and throw my hands up. So I take a a few days off from my housewife duties, a week max, and before I know it I'm buried up to my eyeballs in laundry and the toy bins in the living room are filled to the brim b/c face it- when mom gets sick or goes on strike the house stops. It then takes me a good solid week of steady laundry to get caught up on it & roughly 2 full days of cleaning to get the house back in the order I like it. You'd think I'd learn not to take a break b/c of the hassle it is to get caught back up but no...I haven't. *SHAKES HEAD*

Don't get me wrong, I love that I'm able to be a SAHM. Many working moms would kill to be able to stay at home...okay maybe not kill per say but maim or seriously injure (hey women can be vicious!) I only wish I could wiggle my nose, nod my head or wave my magic wand to get my house spic & span. It would be so nice. Then I could totally have time to sit on my ass eating bon-bons watching cheesy soaps....know any good spells?!


By this posting don't assume that my kids don't have chores b/c they do. The Boy Wonder's chores are to keep his room tidy (incl. vacuuming & putting his laundry away), empty all trashes & take it out to the bin as well as feed & water all 7 animals. Princess & Boo's chores consist of cleaning their rooms, unloading the dishwasher, emptying toy bins in living room every wkend, taking all dirty laundry from bathroom hamper to the laundry area. Diva's chore is to pick up after herself like put her toys in the bins...but she's so much of a diva that well, her older siblings end up doing it for her.

No comments: