Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rant On!

I have to get this off my chest people. If I don’t, I’m likely to land on the local news channels and that wouldn’t be good.

Why do parents allow their kids to run amok in stores?
Why do they continue to carry on lengthy conversations and act as though their toddlers/preschoolers aren’t terrorizing passersby?
Why do they do nothing but continue BSing when they witness with their two eyes their kids running into or in front of people?
Why, Why, WHY????

This is a pet peeve of mine, #18, and it really takes everything I’ve got to not go right up to the parent(s) and tell them to get their little demon seeds under control….or to put their little arses in a trolley myself. UGH.

This morning I made a trip to the little local dollar store to grab a few things to use whilst cleaning my truck. I no more than walked in the door and there stands a husband & wife (I’m ASSuming of course), a store clerk and running around like chickens with their heads cut off were two little monsters.

As I tried to make my way around them, they continued to run around me, laughing. WTH? The proud parents of these little pig droppings (love Ms. Hannigan) turned, smiled and went back to their lovely little convo about someone in their family on drugs. Yeah, that’s something I’d be talking about loudly in public AND in a tiny little town where everybody knows everybody that knows somebody that knows a relative of yours. FAIL.

I had a Twanda moment when those parents allowed their shrieking little devil spawns to follow me to the auto aisle. Never before have I ever wanted to tackle someone more. Never before had I ever wished I was already outside vacuuming my truck in the Florida heat.

I just don’t get it. When kids are taken out to a public place such as a store or a restaurant and misbehave they are no longer just the parents’ problem. They then become everyone’s problem b/c everyone is having to listen to them scream, kick, cry, run, yell, etc., etc., etc.

Parents: teach your kids how to behave in public or keep them at home.

Rant Over!

No comments: